Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The latest update

I figured that after a few comments it was probably about time that i briefly updated you all on the last few chapters of my life, and possibilities for the next, plus i would love to hear yours in return...If people want more info, you know where to find me.

I'll start sort of middle of last year when i was blessed with a job caring for a girl with Bipolar disorder. I have never been so challenged in my life to date!! I was looking after a girl that just been released from the local psych ward for kids, and I was told I was to get her out and about and to make sure she had taken her meds, boy was that not even half of it! lol. As hard as it was it opened me up to God on so many new levels.

From there I went on to spend the summer working at various christian festivals with the charity Mission Direct, a former part of mercy ships which most of you would know as mission challenge. Which as amazing as it was it broke my heart knowing that it was something God hasn't got planned for me at the minute :( But guiding people planning to take that step for themselves was amazing. The days were EXTREMELY long and i never realised how tiring prayer was lol, but God really blessed me by showing his plans for people, a blessing I was so pleased to get back!!!!

Before starting my christmas job I spent a lot of time helping my sister out with my nephew, who turned one last Saturday. What can I say i now have a valid unpathetic excuse to play with kids toys and to carry on entertaining the child within that i've always been lol.

Over Christmas I started working in retail for Marks and Spencers (for those of you who know what i'm talking about). All I can say is, I never thought that I would be seeing people stoop so low, but nevertheless I've been working there ever since.

Sadly the new year was filled with sadness as I lost two friends that had meant a lot to me in previous chapters of my life. My heart still breaks, but they are with our father, which is comforting.I think after Pete died so suddenly, I was ready to go on my first proper holiday in 3 years! I went backpacking up the west coast of the states, stopping over in LA, Vegas, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver, making friends along the way. I've also just got back from another trip I took to Italy.

These time outs have cleared my head and i'm now pushing doors to something that God has strongly placed on my heart. If God has opened these doors for me, I don't know where this will take me, but I know that for the next 6 years of my life it will definately be an interesting journey! So please keep me in your prayers.

Anyways, many blessings, Sarah x x

No comments: